Granting read only user access to Vital Stats for creating datasources
In order to get the live up to date data from your Xero account we need to be granted reporting level access.
Once this access has been granted we then use Xero's API to pull reports from your Xero account and then generate datasources from those reports to be used in your custom reporting dashboard on Vital Stats.
See here in Xero Central an explanation of this role in Xero:
- Click on your organisation name, then select Settings.
- Under General, click Users.
- Invite a new user with the name Vital Stats and email email@example.com
- Within Business and accounting, select the Read only user role for the Vital Stats.
In Business and accounting, select View and rerun reports in additional permissions.
- Click Update permissions.